Tuesday, March 6, 2012

30 Day Bead Challenge - Day 6

Today's challenge was to "Create your own color palette."

I found my inspiration back in the summer of 2011.  My dear friend and neighbor, Suzanne Smith, had posted a picture of the sunset colors over the neighborhood.   I told her back then (September 2, 2011 to be precise) how much I loved the colors in that picture, and hoped to use similar colors in some of my creations.  Today, I went back to that photograph.  Suzanne captured such gorgeous light that evening, and the darkness of the trees added a depth to the entire scene.   So I figured I'd try something a little different and created a holder for my business cards utilizing the pale blues, pinks and the dark/light shading (from the wire) that my friend captured that fall afternoon.

"Business Card Holder" inspired by Suzanne's photo's colors from September 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for allowing a little of my life to touch yours! I always love reading your thoughts!!