Wednesday, March 7, 2012

30 Day Bead Challenge - Day 7

"Use a different metal in your jewelry."

Anyone who knows my work knows that practically every single piece of jewelry I have created is done in silver.  Silver earrings.  Silver necklaces.  Silver bracelets.  Silver. Silver. Silver.

So today's challenge was truly that.  A challenge!

However, since the last supply order arrived, I have been chomping at the bit to create something with the other findings I ordered.  Antiqued copper, copper, gold, goldtone, antiqued brass, the list goes on and on.  Tonight, I sat down and pulled out some gold earring findings, gold jump rings, gold flowers, gold seed beads, and some cute little Czech glass teardrops that I never thought I'd be able to use, because they were gold finished on one side.

After a little while of beading, taking the design apart, reworking it again, I came up with a cute little pair of earrings that I actually like.  Even if they are in a metal I rarely use!

"Spring Sunrise"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for allowing a little of my life to touch yours! I always love reading your thoughts!!