Saturday, March 25, 2017

Bead Soup Blog Party - Bead Hoarders Addition!

Hey Everybody!!

I feel so excited to be part of this edition of the Bead Soup Blog Party.  This will be my third Party, and each one gets more fun as time passes.  I have had a few stumbling blocks for this hop, but I have persevered and come out the other side.

My partner was D'Arsie Manzella (D'Arsie Manzella).  She is a very talented jewelry artist, and I was so happy to be paired with her for this hop.  Unfortunately, life got in the way for her, and she was unable to get my soup out until last week.  I received it this past Tuesday (March 21), so I was a bit behind the curve to create a piece.


In the interim, I reached out to Arlene Dean (Arlene Dean) who offered to pair me with a new partner.  I did not want to do that, because I had already sent a soup to D'Arsie, so instead, she and I came up with an idea for me to get together two other soups from my own stash, I'd take a picture of them, and then Arlene would choose one for me to create a piece of jewelry from.  We did this in case D'Arsie was unable to get a soup out to me before the reveal date.

This is the stash soup that Arlene chose.
It consisted of some beautiful lampwork glass beads that I had gotten from Pine Ridge Treasures, some beautiful briolette crystals and some gorgeous teal colored stone beads.  They were all pieces that I have been holding back because I thought they were too pretty to use!

This is the piece I created from them.  I love making beaded chain, so I made this necklace after I created a simple pendant with one of the lampwork beads.  I added some pearls to bring out the white in the lampwork flowers.  I really love it.  It reminds me of the woods here around our house and the flowers that peek out from the undergrowth.  The crystals reminded me of the sun's rays as they filter through the trees.





On Tuesday, I received my soup from D'Arsie!  It consisted of a beautiful tree pendant that D'Arsie designed herself in her studio, Mamacita Beadworks!  A beautiful stone focal that she wire-wrapped herself was included.  There was also a beautiful butterfly focal created by Martha Eason at Menagerie Studio.  She said that she had held onto it for about 4 years!  D'Arsie also included some pretty beaded chain in wood and acrylic, some pretty pink wood beads, and some gorgeous stone cylinder beads.


As soon as I was able to sit down and begin to create, I knew that I wouldn't have time to make something with all of the beads, but I wanted badly to utilize the beautiful butterfly and the stone cylinder beads.  They looked so fun and coordinated so prettily, so I pulled out some of my own stash of copper, Swarovski crystals and Preciosa crystals and got to work!

This is my creation.  It's a fun little bracelet and earring set that feels like spring to me!  I hope that you all love it as much as I do. 




I had SO much fun this year with the Bead Soup Blog Party!   Thank you so much to Lori Anderson and to Arlene Dean for all of their help and patience.  A super special thank you to Arlene for being such a good sport, and a sincere thank you to D'Arsie for the beautiful soup she sent!!  I simply love it!!

Please visit everyone's blogs and thank you for visiting mine!

Yours Beadifully

Candida

(Everyone's blog links are below.  THANK YOU LORI!!)

Lori Anderson :: Hostess


22 comments:

  1. very inventive projects!earrings are amazing!congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with all 3 pieces, especially the bracelet. I love pieces with lots of texture and movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs. It is fun to see what is made with the hoarded beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pieces - I love the earrings and the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both the necklace you made with your soup (great colors!) and the butterfly bracelet and earrings. Great job. I would love to see what you do with the other things D'Arsie sent. I love the beaded chains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well how about that, not only did you do an awesome job with your own stash, you created such an awesome bracelet and earrings with your partners stash under pressure. You did a wonderful job with both sets of hoarded beads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too Cool for school! Love the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pieces of jewelry, what a fun way to use your hoarded bead too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very spring and very beautiful! What a wonderful piece in such little time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a great job with all of your pieces- especially since you didn't receive some of your soup until this week - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great designs? glad that you were able to get your soup?great job on the designs. I am glad you finally got your soup and the butterfly design rocks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great designs? glad that you were able to get your soup?great job on the designs. I am glad you finally got your soup and the butterfly design rocks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job! My favorite is the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Plan A and Plan B are both beautiful! I need to do a blog hop every week just so I can use some of my stashes up as you did. Martha's polymer pieces were always some of my favorites. The colors in bracelet are very pretty and showcase that heart focal nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your own soup mix was a great idea and beautiful! I'm glad you were able to make some beauties from your partners stash too - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work, I love the bracelet and how you layered the chain and added the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work! You are so comfortable with wire. I really like how the butterfly bracelet came out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were blessed with your soups - both were generous and gorgeous. Well done on everything, but I am partial to the earrings. The colors stand out, and I bet they sway nicely while worn. If I saw those in a shop, I's snatch them up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful designs - and that soup was worth waiting for! I can't wait to see what you do with the tree focal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They tuned out nice!!! The butterfly looks so pretty with the mix of the other beads. Your own mix was very lovely to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You work well under pressure! I just love that first necklace. It does remind me of walking in the old growth forests around here and stumbling upon a brook. Those earrings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for allowing a little of my life to touch yours! I always love reading your thoughts!!